Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Father's love

Earlier today, I was standing next to a family in an MRT train on my way home from work. I noticed that the father kept raising his left hand towards his daughter's face, and she persisted in pushing his hand away. I took a closer look and realised that her face was very close to a backpack carried by another passenger. Her father probably wanted to protect her face from any injury caused by the backpack should the train suddenly jerk or the male passenger lose his footing. His daughter seemed irritated and annoyed by his hand being so close to her face.

This led me to think about the times when God was trying to protect me from harm and I, like the daughter in the train, kept pushing Him away. Only on hindsight did I realise that God had His reasons for putting His hand so close to my face.


No comments: