Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Art of Tent-Making

One of my church friends invited me to the Tanglin Fellowship yesterday. I was quite curious about it and so I attended it. The meeting started at 8pm with half an hour of praise and worship, followed by prayers. Then there was a guest speaker who spoke about what it means to be a tent-maker. He was a former economist with the World Bank. His teaching hit home with me because it was about how one could still be actively serving God even when one is employed in secular work.

At the end of the teaching, he asked for people to come forward for prayer. I was a tad shy and hesitant so I didn't. Then much later on, he said that God has said there are still people who need to come up for prayer but haven't yet done so. At that point, I most reluctantly made my way up front. He prayed over me and said to me that God understands my innermost desires and He knows my heart's desires and that He would give me a special anointing. I fell when he prayed for me, and remained on the floor. I could feel that my face was very very warm. After a while, I got up and went back to my seat. I could still feel the warmth on my face.

Now I will have to pray about what God's special anointing for me was and how to use it well in my everyday life so that I can reach out to people and meet their needs in the name of Christ.





No comments: