Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Catching the visions

Last Friday, I attended the third of my church's eight-week programme on Supernatural Living.

During that session, each of us was asked to form a team of four with three other strangers. We were to write down our team members' names and then to pray and worship for a few minutes. We were to write down any vision, word or impression on to a piece of paper. During that time, I saw four visions - dry bones in the desert being revived by rain; a green bush; a ship on the seas deciding whether to turn left or right; and a white feather.


When the time came for my team members and I to exchange the impressions we had, I shared with them mine and one of them said the dry bones may be for her because she had been taking care of her elderly mum and recently had been feeling exhausted and tired. The other two felt that the ship was for them because one of them was thinking of a job change while the other was also considering a major decision.

I was deeply humbled because two of them had visions specifically for me. One of them said that she saw Christ handing over a very red heart to me, which could signify a new heart for me. Another said that she had the word "joy" for me and that she felt that God was saying that I would bring a lot of joy to the people around me.

For the red heart, I had always prayed to God that He would pour on to me His compassion for the lost and His passion and love for people. Also, in recent times, I had felt that I had lost that initial first love I had for Christ when I first became a Christian, and I sensed in this vision that God was telling me, "Here, I'm giving you a new heart of passion and love to you for you to serve my people". I really thank God that He knows me inside out and that even before I had done anything for me, He has done everything for me and I have His approval because of Christ's sacrifice at the Cross. God is well pleased with me because of Christ. Amen.

As for the word "joy", I've always felt that God has given me a deep level of faith, which has given me the boldness and confidence to always be optimistic in life. This faith and confidence has also given me a sensitivity towards people, and the wonderful ability to encourage, comfort and edify people.

I am deeply convicted that one of my main services for God is in encouraging and empowering people. Letting anyone believe that they can go much further than they ever know and that they are much better than the world deems them to be, and that they possess strengths, gifts and abilities given by God which they can use well.

I know this is one of my main missions on this earth. One of my closest friends said that she thinks the "joy" refers to the fact that people can see a deep sense of purpose and calling in me, that I am certain of my goal and purpose and direction in life and this comes through in my words and actions.


For me, all it boils down to is this: There but for the grace of God go I.

No comments: