Thursday, December 9, 2010

Every breath we take

 

"Faith is to the soul what life is to the body. 
Prayer is to faith what breath is to the body.
How a person can live and not breathe
is past my comprehension,
and how a person can believe and not pray
is past my comprehension too."
- J.C.Ryle

Lord, thank you for reminding me that spending time with you is the most necessary and important step towards strengthening my personal relationship with you. Lord, forgive me for the mornings and the nights when I thought prayer burdensome and superfluous. Only when I commune with you, Lord, will I be able to break my heart for what breaks Yours and be increasingly sensitive to the Holy Spirit's prompting, so that I can love and serve others as You did when You were on earth. Lord, place in my heart this deep insatiable yearning for You and Your Word, so that I may know Your purpose for my life. Amen.

No comments: