Thursday, August 7, 2014

The unanswered questions


Last week, I woke up late and decided to attend another church's service. A lady was sitting beside me and she started tearing when the worship began. After the sermon ended, I felt led to turn to her and ask her if she would want me to pray for her. She looked a bit shocked but told me of a personal tragedy that had occurred to her just a few weeks ago. So I prayed for her but it  was also quite emotional for me, and I had to stop once in a while to compose myself before continuing to pray for her. After I finished, she thanked me. I told her that it will take some time for her to grieve and for her to be patient with herself, and I also asked her to go up for prayer over the next few weeks. She then asked me if I attended the church and I said no, and that it was one of my rare visits to another church aside from my home church on Sundays. She thanked me again and said she hoped to bump into me some time in the future. When such a tragedy happens, it is difficult to make sense of it. We need to trust that God is in complete control. After leaving the service, I went for a long walk to regulate my emotions and also reflect on many of the unanswered questions in our lives that we will never get an answer to until we meet Jesus face to face. When I returned  home, I put on paper that Sunday experience. 

No comments: