Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tizzy Bac concert







I just want to thank God that He gave me an immense curiosity and hunger for new experiences in all facets of my life. I also thank God that He gave me a love for words and music, which have enriched my life beyond what I could ever have hoped for and for which I am extremely humbled and grateful for.

Just attended the Tizzy Bac concert at the Esplanade Recital Studio. I went to the concert with my cousin (who got hooked after I lent her a Tizzy Bac album) and one of my friends (who was game enough to agree to go for the concert despite not having heard Tizzy Bac music before).

After the concert, this friend of mine was so impressed with the band music that she asked me to lend her my Tizzy Bac albums. Mind you, she doesn't really follow Mandarin indie-pop or alternative music. She was also the kind soul who helped take pictures for us, using my cousin's handphone.

I have the bands' two albums and so I bought two EPs so that my cousin and I could get their autographs on the CDs.

Another reason the band now has my lifelong support: When it was my turn for the autograph signing, the bassist kept trying to adjust the sleeve note on my EP so that it would slide inside the groove because it was loose. He kept doing it until the sleeve note slid into the groove before he signed on the CD itself. I felt that it said something about him and the band.

During the concert, the lead singer and keyboardist Huiting mentioned that she really really liked fried carrot cake, and that she wouldn't mind eating it every day for the rest of her life, and that the band was thinking of how they could franchise it in Taiwan. :-)

We had ice cream at Swensen's following the end of the autograph signing. When I reached home, I went to the Tizzy Bac website and left this message:

Hi, absolutely loved your live performance here at Esplanade Singapore!

- Fantastic understanding among the band members. An absolute joy to watch and listen.

- Keep the fire forever in your heart and make the music that you believe in and are passionate about. You will always have fans supporting you all the way, me included!

- I think I have all your albums so far, and am waiting in great expectation of your third album, and your next performance in Singapore.

- Persevere in making the kind of music you want to make, and be always true to yourself.

- All the best and always remember that you have fans here in Singapore supporting you!

- TIZZY BAC ROCKS!!!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes ! Tizzy Bac :)