Sunday, August 16, 2009

Did you learn anything?

"Man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life.."
- Victor Frankl


"A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
- Saint-Exupery


"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
- Albert Einstein


"Two men look out through the bars: One sees the mud, and one the stars."
- William Langland


"People only see what they are prepared to see."
- Emerson


"The most important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
- Charles Dubois


"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; For what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."
- Anatole France


"Minds differ still more than faces."
- Voltaire


"We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing."
- R.D Laing


"Nothing is permanent but change."
- Heraclitus


"I do not know what I may appear to the world but to myself I seem to have been only a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself by now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
- Isaac Newton


"Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him."
-Aldous Huxley


"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain


No comments: