Wednesday, December 9, 2009

On being a servant of God

I just started reading a book by Warren W.Wiersbe called On Being A Servant Of God.

The opening few pages really made a tremendous impact on me. He wrote his definition of ministry: Ministry takes place when divine resources meet human needs through loving channels to the glory of God.

He went on further to write: If you and I are going to serve Jesus Christ - the way God wants us to minister and the way the apostles ministered - we must
1. know the divine resources personally
2. see the human needs compassionately
3. become channels of God's mighty resources so that
4. God alone is glorified.

I stopped reading at this point because I wanted to reflect on these words and allow the Holy Spirit to bring a deeper revelation of them into my heart, my mind, my soul and my spirit.

2 comments:

eds said...

Profoundly deep words... but how true. Worthy of reflection indeed!

Plain Forgiven said...

Wah ha ha ha ha! I think you're the only one following my blog! Yeah, I've been in a more reflective mood recently. God told me quite a lot of things to me through sermons and people just before I left for Israel. Will tell you more when we meet up. You free on Dec 17 or Dec 18? I'm on leave during those two days. :-)