Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Have you had your rest?

I was dithering over how to start a comprehensive study of the bible and never really got started. Today, while I was waiting for a counselling client who never turned up, I made use of the one hour to read the bible, following the "read through your bible in one year" programme at the back of my NKJV slimline bible. I read Genesis 1,2 and 3 as well as Matthew 1.

Genesis 2:2-3
2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

The verses above got me thinking about the Sabbath and how important it was for me to observe it. God not only rested on that day but He also blessed and sanctified it. Thus, when I observe my own Sabbath, I am also acknowledging God's blessing on and sanctification of that day. 

This is a very timely reminder to me to always find one day a week to rest and wait on the Lord so that I will be refreshed, not only physically but also spiritually.

 



No comments: