Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Great is Thy faithfulness

My cousin gave me a promise devotional journal as a Christmas gift, which I've started to use for this year. I've been memorising the daily key verses and also noting the quotes on faith by Christians past and present. It has been a godsend to me because it helps organise my morning devotions. And these devotions calm my mind, my emotions and my spirit before I step in the office.

"Faith goes up the stairs that love has made and looks out the window which hope has opened." - Charles H. Spurgeon

I asked myself this question: "What does faith in Jesus mean to me?" I thought about it and I felt that for me, it means forsaking all things for God; that if push ever comes to shove, I will choose God in a heartbeat. This conviction, however, does not come out of my own strength but rather from the Holy Spirit's work in me. And I pray to God to increase my faith in Him. 




No comments: