Monday, November 28, 2016

Be direct. Be authentic. Be real. Be kind.

Written: 10 August 2016
 
+ Was reminded of the importance of kindness and kind words when we were discussing a case where the homework was for the warring couple to be kind to one another. One can be kind to strangers, so why not be kind to someone whom one has been married to for many years? A lesson to bear in mind: Be direct. Be authentic. Be real. Build people up with words. Be kind. 
 
+ I could not have dreamt or even imagined a time in my life when I would be at NTUC FairPrice much more regularly than at the bookshop or malls. But the day of reckoning has finally arrived. Auntiedom has been thrust upon me, despite all my raging against it. Kinokuniya, I have missed you dearly and hope to be in your presence soon. 
 
+ A gift was delivered early in the office today. Totally caught me by surprise. Think my face turned beetroot red. Thank you, S and S, who noted, remembered and got me something in advance. Much appreciated. Love it to bits. Will use definitely. Thanks for such a lovely moment amid the monotony of a work day. Life is precious because of such unexpected moments. 
 
+ Another precious moment - catching up with a dear friend over lunch, who had caught the NDP live with her young son yesterday. It’s the second time spent in her company since her return from the US recently. Her schedule is way busier than mine and nice of her to make time for me. Just so at ease and so comfortable to be able to talk about the small and big things that are happening in our lives. I remember such moments. So forgive me if I don't remember where you live, what you work as as well as your handphone numbers. My brain has limited capacity.

No comments: