Thursday, March 22, 2007

Born For Such A Time As This

I Have A Destiny
(Eph. 1:11; John 15:16; Phil 1:6)
By Mark Altrogge
© 1988 PDI/Pleasant Hill Music Diadam, Inc. 939 Sundersville Ferry Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122


I have a destiny I know I shall fulfill
I have a destiny in that city on a hill.
I have a destiny and it's not an empty wish
For I know I was born for such a time as this.

Long before the ages You predestined me
To walk in all the works You have prepared for me
You've given me a part to play in history
To help prepare a bride for eternity.

I did not choose you but You have chosen me
And appointed me for bearing fruit abundantly
I know You will complete the work begun in me
By the power of Your Spirit working mightily.


God never ceases to amaze me. In my previous post, the Lord led me to this Spurgeon sermon about election and predestination. Then when I was listening to my song collection on Real Player, this song by Kent Henry sprang out. When I heard it, I was very encouraged by the lyrics because as in the Bible, even though we may sometimes not know what God has in mind for us, rest assured that He has a plan and a purpose for us. And that He who has begun a good work in us has promised to finish it until the day of Christ's return. Amen.


Ephesians 1:11 (NKJV)
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,


John 15:16 (NKJV)
16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Philippians 1:6 (NKJV)
6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;


No comments: