Thursday, April 19, 2007

Delirious for God

Hang On To You

And I'll hang on to you
'Cos you're stronger and you keep me from falling
And you brighten the world with your beauty
Keep me closer I'm calling

Looking out like a little child
Holding tight when it all gets wild

And I'll hang on to you
Nothing in this world will see me through
Only you
And I'll hang on to you
Everyday I live, I give to You

And your love it is true
I feel stronger and I'm happy to know you
'Cos you shine like the sun and you're brighter
Than the darkness that's falling

Nothing in this world could ever take your place
Happiness is found in your holy face
In your warm embrace

(Written by Martin Smith ©2000 Curious? Music UK)

Just listened to this song by Delirious, one of my favourite Christian bands, and decided to post the lyrics here. I pray that I will live the wisdom of the words, that I will hang on to Christ because nothing in this world will see me through, only Him. And that every day I live, I give to Him.

Who's Delirious?
It's a British band which started out as The Cutting Edge Band, playing at a youth outreach event at its home church in Littlehampton and grew into one which is now selling millions of albums, reaching out to people with God's message of love and salvation. It wrote the songs "Do You Hear The Mountains Tremble?", "History Maker", "I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever" and "Shout To The North". There are many more good songs on its albums, like the one I highlighted above. If possible, do try to get their "live" albums - fantastic worship.

The good news: Delirious will be praising the Lord at the Festival of Praise on Aug 3 to Aug 5 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.


Interview with Delirious' lead vocal Martin Smith

The official Delirious website




No comments: