Sunday, July 8, 2012

For everyone and for every need

I had a most fulfilling weekend. First, it was a very happy occasion for two of the most important people in my life (my auntie and her daughter) as my cousin held her Singapore wedding. Glory to God and may they fulfill all that God has purposed for them in their lives. Oh what a glorious day; what a glorious Name that we serve. Jesus shall take the highest honour. 


Second, it was community outreach showcase in my church today. The pastor leading that ministry was sharing about how the Lord led him in 2006 to reach out to the ex-offenders among many groups. This was followed by a group of them singing a Cantonese gospel song and a hymn in Hokkien, and one of them giving his testimony in Hokkien. He shared about how he joined gangs, recruited prostitutes, worked as a temple medium, got involved with drugs and was addicted to gambling. His breakthrough came when he and his wife attended a service and his wife responded to the altar call. He shared that he felt something burning in him and pushing him to raise his hand. So he also accepted Jesus as his Lord and Saviour. My church pastors also prayed for his deliverance and healing. And since then, he has not looked back. 


Following his testimony, my pastor went up to the stage and said: "This is what a church should be." For everyone and for every need. 

No comments: