Sunday, July 29, 2012

Time to listen

I came home after a very long bus ride following a very long corporate prayer session in church on Friday. Sat next to an elderly lady who asked me if I had attended the prayer session. It turned out that we lived in the same HDB estate. She shared with me parts of her life. How she used to be a teacher. How she is now helping out as a mentor at The Helping Hand, a halfway house for drug addicts. I shared parts of my life with her. Which ministry I was serving in. What service I usually went to. Through the hour-long journey, she talked and I listened. I found it wonderfully nice to be able to have a stranger share with me about her life, what God is doing through her, and where God is leading her to serve. When it came her time to alight, she passed me a Helping Hand card with her name and handphone number on it and asked me to drop in when I am free. I'm keeping the card. :-)

No comments: