Thursday, February 22, 2007

In quietness and trust is your strength

Nothing in the world to me beats being in my room between 2am and 4am. It's my time with God, and my time with self. My routine varies from day to day. Sometimes, I would pray and write in my prayer journal. Other times, I would listen to Christian songs and sing along. There are also times when I would pick up my guitar and play some songs in worship. And also times when I would read the bible and meditate on what God wants to say to me through His word.

This silence is a respite for me after the noise and busyness of the day. I reflect on the day gone by, and whether I have honoured and glorified Christ through my words and my actions. I think about the lessons that I learnt during the day, and how I could apply them in future. I also gauge whether the day is a move forward or a step backward for me in living my life the way I want it to be lived, according to my faith, my principles and my life philosophy.

I also do what I feel is a very important thing for me - letting go. When I pray, I visualise myself laying all my troubles, my sorrows, my fears, my worries, my pride, my achievements and my successes at the foot of the cross, and walking away unburdened and free. For Christ says in Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." And He also promises in Matthew 12:29-30 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

No comments: