Saturday, October 13, 2007

Stone in the bosom

After the badminton session today, I attended the 4pm church service and then met my church friend (and former colleague) K for dinner. I had not met her since I quit from my job four weeks ago. So it was nice to just meet up with her and catch up on what's been happening in her life.

We both like Japanese food so I suggested Kuriya and told her that it was my treat. She drove us to the branch at Great World City and we ordered the kaiseki meal for October. She frequents that outlet regularly because the kaiseki menu changes every month. We spent a good two to three hours there, just eating and talking.


I took back the one-sheeter describing the menu so that I could list the items down here:

Appetizer
- Boiled mushroom in chrysanthemum
- Oyster boiled down with soy sauce
- Braised ivory shell
- Duck with grain mustard
- Conger eel rolled with burdock

Sashimi
- Amberjack, tuna, flat fish

Grilled
- Grilled asparagus rolled with beef
- Grilled king crab with miso paste

Refreshment
- Angler fish dressed with citrus vinegar sauce

Deep fried and braised
- Deep fried fish ball with grated lotus root served with minced prawn ankake sauce

Main course
- Salmon roe, king crab, minced tuna belly on rice served with soup

Dessert of the day


I told my friend that I'm hooked and that I'll probably go back there once a month from now on for the kaiseki special. :-)

No comments: