Thursday, August 14, 2008

His mercies are new every morning

Nearing the end of a significant day in my life, I can say only "glory to God". Indeed, he has blessed me with a wonderful life thus far, and I have faith that my journey with Him in the future will be even more exciting, edifying and fruitful. Every day I wake up and thank God for His Spirit that is within me, and pray that He will empower and guide me to fulfil His calling for me in my life.

I thought it would be an appropriate day to remember my wonderful glorious identity in Christ.

The following are taken from My Little Bible, a very small little book filled with some bible verses. At the end of it, there is this segment called "Who am I in Christ".

Who am I in Christ?

Chosen by God
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, (Ephesians 1:4)

Made perfect forever
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14)

Redeemed
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace (Ephesians 1:7)

Made at peace with God
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have[a] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, (Romans 5:1)

Totally forgiven
And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, (Colossians 2:14)

Totally cleansed
And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:11)

Made holy and blameless
in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— (Colossians 1:22)

Given Christ's righteousness
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Freed from condemnation
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:1)

Made into a new creation
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Reconciled to God
For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. (Romans 5:10)

Made heirs of God
Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of[a] God through Christ. (Galatians 4:7)


No comments: