Monday, August 4, 2008

Imparting grace

God amazes me always. I was faced with a difficult situation, and during the sermon on Sunday, God spoke to me through his Word. Through Ephesians 4:30-32, "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you."

I was also relating the situation to a dear friend, and she encouraged greatly through her listening as well as her considered opinion. She also pointed me to one of the verses that always calmed her - Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God;"

I prayed to God that I would be able to learn the lessons, and that this difficult situation would make me more spiritually mature.


No comments: