Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh how he loves you and me

Recently, God has been reminding me to memorise Scripture and seal them in my heart and my brain. After the verses from The Little Bible, another opportunity caused me to do a straw poll among some of my colleagues for their favourite bible verses. Here are the results:

James 1:22
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Psalm 121
1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.


John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I
give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Habakkuk 3:17-19
17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The LORD God [a] is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

To the Chief Musician. With my stringed instruments.


The two below are my favourite verses:

Philippians 3:7-11
7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.


1 Peter 2:9
9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

PS: I'm still trying to figure out a way to memorise Scripture in an orderly manner. :-P

No comments: