Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A day of significance

Just came back from supper with a very dear friend, who is one of the few people I can fully open my heart to. I appreciated the fact that she was with me in the early hours of a significant day of my life, just spending time with me. We talked about things big and small, and we both updated one another on the happenings in our lives.

I was doing most of the talking while we sat at Mr Bean on Selegie Road. She ordered a mushroom soup, a prawn wrap and a Mickey Mouse drink, while I ordered a seafood soup, a carbonara and a Mickey Mouse drink.

We talked about people, work and church. Our conversation flowed effortlessly, and as we were talking, I had the thought that I could see us in our old age still meeting up with one another and having such wonderful chats as well. Most of what we talked about are meant only for our ears.

Here, I have to drop a note of thanks and appreciation to her husband, who invariably will feel the fallout whenever our friendship develops tension or grows strained. He is also home alone whenever she has supper with me, although he does join us quite a bit. He is very loving towards her, and I am very happy for her. Thanks, D!

I ordered one more glass of lime juice, and before we knew it, it was time to go. We asked for the bill, left Mr Bean and took our separate cabs home.

I smsed her later to thank her for spending time with me, and that I considered the time well-spent. I told her that I count her as one of my most valued friends and among those I could trust 100 per cent, and that I hope that she will always bear this in her heart.

Indeed, it is a blessed person who has friends that she can count on and grow along with her through her entire life. :-)


No comments: