Sunday, August 12, 2007

Pop goes Sodagreen

Attended the Sodagreen concert on Saturday. When I came back home, I immediately messaged my HOCC "boss" the following in unfortunately a string of long messages again:


Went for the
Sodagreen concert on Saturday. FANTASTIC! I felt the lead singer, Qing Feng, was quite disappointed with the response of the crowd in the first half hour but gradually the crowd became extremely responsive to the band and he became so high that the band came back for two encores.

My two friends and I enjoyed ourselves so much!!!!!! He actually walked around the audience but I was a bit shy and so withdrew from him instead of reaching out to share his hand the first time around. The second time he walked around the audience, though, I reached out to shake his hand. :-)


I bought four of their
CDs albums/singles at the concert, including one signed by the band members. I was very happy at the end because the lead singer Qing Feng said that since this was only his second visit to Singapore, he has to be honest and cannot say that he loves the country. But he says he's being honest when he says he loves the fans at the concert.


He was so high that he forgot to thank the sponsors until the second encore. And he came down to the audience area twice to shake hands with people etc. I was very glad that the band left with a fantastic impression of Singapore fans - that we take a while to warm up, but once we do, all hell breaks loose.


It was really nice because at the second encore, some of the fans were sitting on the stage with the band members while
Qing Feng and the piano player were moving around the audience. Very heartwarming and very intimate. I LOVED IT.


The reason I liked the concert was also because they sang their own songs very well and when they sang covers of songs by other artistes, they put their own style and music to the songs - so it was like their own
Sodagreen take. I always love improvisation and live performances like that. So needless, to say, I was very impressed by Qing Feng and the band members.


Of course, I was jumping up and down and swinging my hands above my head to the music. And screaming like crazy. I think the band was very touched by the fans in the small auditorium.


Happiness --- I like talented, creative people. I feel very alive when I'm among them.


No comments: