Friday, August 10, 2007

Time out II

After a day, I responded to my friend and told her that I valued deeply time spent with a friend. This is my key measure of friendship. And I told her that the fact that she seemed to have no time for me indicated to me that she did not really value me as a friend. In response, she told me about some of her frustrations.

I then said that I needed to be mindful of the fact that in general, she will have less time for me than I have for her because she has a family. I told her that she must think me selfish and childish, but I was just frustrated that I was not even able to get some time with her to catch up with her at the moment.

We decided that we should meet up every four to six weeks. I then said I was glad that I told her how I felt about the current state of our friendship, and even gladder that she voiced her frustrations. We ended on a good note.

Through such times, I understand that much more of what grace means.


No comments: