Saturday, July 21, 2007

The one and only Faye

Well, this had to happen after my recent postings on Cantopop stars.

Here are some youtube videos of my most favourite singer (I even dreamt of playing badminton with her!).

Every time I listen to her or watch her music video, I have a wonderful smile on my face and my heart grows warmer because she sings so beautifully and she is so into her music.

I learnt something new about her: She likes to record in the dark and once she steps out of the recording studio, you can forget about asking her to go back to record the song a second time. It's no wonder she closes her eyes when she sings during concerts, such intoxication with the music.

My little-known fact: So far in my entire life, I've queued up for only two autograph sessions. These two singers are Faye Wong and Jacky Cheung.

矜持

千言萬語

人間 - 王菲

Thank you for loving me

天使

但愿人長久

推翻

感情生活

新房客

香奈兒

流浪的紅舞鞋

我愿意



暗涌

懷念 + 夢醒了


Rare gems:

Concert rehearsal


Cocteau Twins' first live TV performance in the US


Faye Wong covers The Carpenters


北京一夜 With Zhang Xinzhe and Na Ying


王菲翻唱黑豹的歌 - Don't Break My Heart


Faye and Jacky Cheung


Faye and Tong Tong - 你快乐所以我快乐

娱乐百分百 : 王菲 歌唱大賽
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 and Part 6

Li Ya Peng on Faye and their child Li Yan (born with cleft lip)
Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3


Faye and her daughter Tong Tong

CNN interview with Faye Wong in 1998: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4. She is, of course, the first Chinese singer to be interviewed on CNN.


嫣然天使基金会 (Smile Angel Foundation)

The only song composed and sung by Faye after her "retirement"

愛笑的天使嘴角上揚,欣然而至,嶄新的臉龐,不閃不躲,盈盈亮亮,面朝純白,背向金黃 。愛笑的天使沒有翅膀,嫣然一笑就飛翔,笑容在心裡,快樂在臉上,不說一句教人善良。

愛笑的天使嘴角上揚,混然不覺,兀自安詳,不惹塵埃,不起風浪,在你身上我看到了光。 愛笑的天使沒有翅膀,嫣然一笑就飛翔,笑容在心裡,快樂在臉上,不說一句教人善良。愛 笑的天使愛歌唱,帶來人間希望,不需要翅膀嫣然一笑,就能快樂飛翔。


No comments: