Friday, July 6, 2007

When there are no answers

I went to the wake of a senior colleague on Wednesday. He refused all medical treatment for an illness, trusting in God with faith. Some other colleagues asked me what to make of his decision as well as his death.

I told them that I could not understand his decision not to seek medical treatment but I supported it because he heard from God, and that settled it.

Faith is a personal walk with God. His decision rested on his faith in God, and his actions bore out his faith in God. He showed tremendous faith and humility in depending totally on God.

Why did God not heal him? The answer falls beyond human comprehension and rests in the higher realms of God's sovereignty.

What I do know is that I will see him again, in a little while, in God's kingdom.

What matters in the end is that he has fought the good fight, he has finished the race and he has kept the faith. The crown of righteousness awaits him.


2 comments:

orangeclouds said...

Thanks for this, for your clear thinking as a Christian on this matter and your testimony to your other colleagues.

If the senior colleague you are talking about is also the same person whose passing I heard of last week, I just want to share that his actions troubled but also humbled me and I pray that it can lead non-Christians in the workplace to the Lord.

Came to your blog via quietnotes, a mutual friend :)

Plain Forgiven said...

Hi orangeclouds, thanks for floating by my space. :-)

Yeah, it was quite tough when even my boss asked me what I thought about my senior colleague's decision and his death.

I told her frankly that I couldn't understand his action but he had faith in God and that was all that mattered.

Lately, there has not been a squeak of sound from quietnotes. Ha ha ha!